The most important words in your text are what we call keywords. Extracting only important words from the text can save you a lot of time and helps you widen the amount of corpus you deal at a time. But picking them manually is certainly not an option. And that’s why we have an NLP endowment for keyword extraction.
Keyword Extractor is the powerful tool in text analysis that can be used to index data, generate tag clouds and accelerate the searching time. It generates an extensive list of relevant keywords and phrases to make research more context focussed.
Our Keyword Extraction API helps in finding and suggesting most important keywords in a text and then in ranking them further. A relevance score is calculated for each keyword based on statistical analysis, and the results are returned sorted by relevancy. Our Keyword Extractor successfully generates an extensive list of most relevant keywords and keyword phrases. It also makes keyword research process for search engine optimization more context focussed. Take a demo.
How our API works
- We utilise a globally normalized transition-based neural network model for part-of-speech tagging.
- POS tagging tags each word as a noun, adjective, adverb, verb, etc.
- Our heuristics are then applied to the tagged words. The heuristics generate a list of key phrases, by merging consecutive words into phrases and generates their corresponding scores which indicate their significance.
- The heuristics merge words to create the phrases based on part of speech as well as things like frequency of occurrence.
Given below is a piece of the text that has undergone keyword extraction API, followed by the JSON output that demonstrates how the API works.
The Trade Desk is a leading demand-side platform that works as a great platform for media buyers. It owns the market’s most expressive buying tools and reporting, with tools, attribution, data management, and ad serving all in one place. By using data to determine the correct valuation for every click and impression, the Trade Desk can help media buyers spend their advertising budgets more efficiently.
[ ["Trade Desk", 4], ["media buyers", 4], ["demand-side platform", 3], ["expressive buying tools", 3], ["advertising budgets", 2], ["correct valuation", 2], ["data management", 2], ["great platform", 2] ]
Keyword extraction can serve many purposes according to the type of business you run. Some of its widespread use cases are:
- You can use keyword extraction in information retrieval and recommendation systems. The grouping of search results, aid to navigation, suggestion of related information, the recommendation of contents and products can all be assessed with it.
- You can automate the process of keyword research in SEO by analyzing most important keywords and key phrases from bundles of text.
- Summarize content, make reports, build tag clouds obtained from keyword generator tool.
- Use contextual insights to derive trending topics for a particular keyword. Keyword Phrases obtained from content can be combined with sentiment analysis API to find their associated sentiment.
There can be a number of other use cases other than these. Keyword extraction can prove very constructive if you know how to make the most of it.
We would love to hear from you. Tell us what you think of our Keyword Extraction API. Share your thoughts in the comments section.